Lifetime tracking of honeybees – Konstanz 2018 data
- Data available on github, which includes behavioral metrics for each bee and on each day. 4200+ bees tracked for a total of 86 days using the BeesBook tracking system.
- Related publication: Smith, M. L., Davidson, J. D., Wild, B., Dormagen, D. M., Landgraf, T., and Couzin, I. D. (2021). The dominant axes of lifetime behavioral variation in honey bees. bioRxiv, 2021.04.15.440020. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.15.440020v1
Golden Shiners fish in groups of 10, 30, 70, and 151
- Dryad Data download link
- Short video showing movement
- Data includes tracked fish with corrected trajectories to maintain individual identities
- Related publication: Davidson, J. D., Sosna, M.M.G., Twomey, C.R., Sridhar, V.H., Leblanc, S.P., Couzin, I.D. Collective detection based on visual information in animal groups. Journal of The Royal Society Interface18, 20210142 (2021). https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsif.2021.0142
Collective behavior of mutant zebrafish
- Dryad Data download link.
- 90 mutant lines, groups of 6 fish, multiple trials per line. Full dataset is ~42gb
- Publication: Tang, W., Davidson, J.D., Zhang, G., Conen, K.E., Fang, J., Serluca, F., Li, J., Xiong, X., Coble, M., Tsai, T., Molind, G., Fawcett, C.H., Sanchez, E., Zhu, P., Couzin, I.D., Fishman, M.C., 2020. Genetic control of collective behavior in zebrafish. iScience 0. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2020.100942
Motion of desert harvester ants in nest entrance chamber
- Stanford data repository download link.
- Manually tracked trajectories of desert harvester ants during foraging activity. Videos also in repository for download.
- Related publications:
- Davidson, J.D., Arauco-Aliaga, R.P., Crow, S., Gordon, D.M., Goldman, M.S., 2016. Effect of interactions between harvester ants on forager decisions. Front. Ecol. Evol. 4, 115. https://doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2016.00115
- Davidson, J.D., Gordon, D.M., 2017. Spatial organization and interactions of harvester ants during foraging activity. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 14, 20170413. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2017.0413